Sometimes the only thing people do to backup BusinessObjects Enterprise server data is to backup CMS database. Unfortunately CMS database does not contain universes, documents and other stuff, it has only metadata about them (ids, descriptions etc). Backup of CMS database is not enough to restore the system from the scratch. Complete BIAR is often sufficient to restore the server.
The complete BIAR can be build from Import Wizard or using BIAR command line tool (biarengine.jar). The purpose of the command line tool is to automate importing and exporting of BIARs.
Simplest solution (example)
1. Create file export.properties in D:\Backup on the server with the following content:
action = exportXML exportBiarLocation = complete.biar userName = Administrator password = authentication = secEnterprise CMS = localhost exportDependencies = true includeSecurity = true exportQueriesTotal = 3 exportQuery1 = select * from CI_INFOOBJECTS exportQuery2 = select * from CI_SYSTEMOBJECTS exportQuery3 = select * from CI_APPOBJECTS
2. Create batch D:\Backup\backupBOE.bat executing the BIAR command line tool with the properties file.
java -jar "D:\Business Objects\common\4.0\java\lib\biarengine.jar" export.properties
3. Schedule the backupBOE.bat to run regularly in Windows scheduler.
Note that to import the BIAR you will have to use biarengine.jar and not Import Wizard. Import and export of BIAR files is not supported across tools. However it usually works if you export and import only universes and documents. I.e. when export.properties is:
action = exportXML exportBiarLocation = complete.biar userName = Administrator password = authentication = secEnterprise CMS = localhost exportDependencies = true includeSecurity = true exportQueriesTotal = 2 exportQuery1 = select * from CI_INFOOBJECTS exportQuery2 = select * from CI_APPOBJECTS
- Details concerning the tool can be found in section “BIAR Command Line Tool” of “SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise Administrator’s Guide”
- SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1 – Backup and recovery best practices
- SAP note 1519933 – Cannot open a biar file created via biarengine (export.properties) on BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.x
I want to develop an export import customized tool in java using import wizard sdk.
Can you please suggest from where can I get import wizard sdk and corresponding jars?
Hello, Can be insert where clause in exportQuery1? bcoz i want to export my selected objects.